Drug Testing in Alabama
If you’re an employer looking for comprehensive and reliable drug testing in Alabama, TrustCare can help. We offer an array of services for employers that includes drug testing in Alabama, as well as DOT physicals, employee wellness programs, and worker’s compensation injury management, if an employee is hurt on the job. You can learn more about specific drug testing in Alabama and alcohol breath screening below.
Drug Testing in Alabama: What Types of Drug Testing Are There?
There are different types of drug testing in Alabama, and some types of testing may be more through than others. Most employees in modern times have to go through some type of pre-screening before they are fully hired for a position, especially if they’re working in a position where a background check and drug testing in Alabama is required, such as with children or as a commercial driver. There are different types of drug testing in Alabama, all which can help employers in the pre-screening process. Types of drug testing in Alabama include:
- Blood drug testing. This type of drug testing in Alabama is conducted with a blood draw. This type of drug testing in Alabama checks for the presence of certain drugs in the bloodstream.
- Hair drug testing. This type of drug testing in Alabama is more thorough than a simple blood test. Hair drug testing in Alabama can find both recent use of certain types of drugs, as well as past use. Instead of just finding drugs that are currently in the bloodstream, this type of drug testing in Alabama can detect drugs for up to 90 days after they have been used.
- Mouth swab drug testing. This type of drug testing in Alabama is one of the most common. A sample of salvia is taken from the applicant using a mouth swab. This test is not as thorough as blood or hair drug testing in Alabama, and can detect only current drug use, which is up to two days. However, because of its ease of administration, it is one of the most preferred types of drug testing in Alabama. Employers can also administer this type of test on the job site.
- Urine drug testing. This is the most common type of drug testing in Alabama that employers used. An applicant’s urine is tested for recent drug use, and although all drugs have a different half-life, urine drug testing in Alabama can typically detect drug use for up to two weeks for most drugs.
Drug Testing in Alabama: What Types of Drugs Does Testing Look For?
Each type of drug test is different from the other. Mouth swab drug testing in Alabama shows only recent use, urine and blood drug testing show recent and some past use, and hair drug testing in Alabama shows recent and past use. It largely depends on what type of drugs the employer is screening for; for example, marijuana (THC) is stored in fat cells, so marijuana is often detected for up to 30 days, even with a urine drug test. If the employer wants drug testing in Alabama to look for opiates or drugs such as cocaine, which both have a shorter half-life, they may want to opt for urine or hair drug testing. Generally, drug testing in Alabama looks for:
- Amphetamines (meth, ecstasy)
- THC (marijuana and other cannabinoids)
- Opiates (heroin, morphine)
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
Generally, most employer drug testing in Alabama tests are also 8-panel tests, which means they look for other drugs in the body. These drugs are often prescription drugs, so if an applicant is using them without a prescription, they can be detected with drug testing in Alabama. These drugs include:
- Barbiturates (phenobarbital, butalbital)
- Methaqualone (Quaaludes)
- Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium)
In addition, 10-panel drug testing in Alabama tests can also look for:
- Propoxyphene (Darvon compounds)
- Hallucinogens (LSD, mushrooms)
- Anabolic steroids
- Prescription opiates (Vicodin, oxycodone)
Drug testing in Alabama can detect alcohol as well.
Drug Testing in Alabama: Alcohol Breath Testing
TrustCare also offers drug testing in Alabama to check for alcohol use. Alcohol can be included in some drug testing in Alabama tests, but it can also be detected through the breath. Employers can send prospective applicants to our TrustCare Birmingham location for both drug testing in Alabama and alcohol breath testing services.
Drug Testing in Alabama: Other TrustCare Services
In addition to drug testing in Alabama, TrustCare offers many other services, such as:
- Walk-in urgent care
- Allergy treatment
- Telehealth (online doctor) services
- Kids’ physicals and pediatric urgent care
- Wellness checkups
- Chronic care management
- Digital X-rays
Not only is TrustCare committed to helping you Feel Better Faster™ if you’re sick, we also offer drug testing in Alabama for employers as well as physicals and other employer services. Stop in or call our Birmingham location for more information about drug testing in Alabama and employer services.
At TrustCare, our physicians are knowledgeable professionals with experience providing walk-in urgent medical care. We strive to help you Feel Better Faster by offering a comprehensive array of services to benefit your health. We understand that walk-in medical care can involve multiple factors – from injuries to illnesses to workers’ wellness. That’s why we offer multiple forms of services to help treat you quickly and effectively.
Our team values quality medical care and superior customer service above all else – at TrustCare, you will always come first. We have a goal to treat you in 60 minutes or less so you can Feel Better Faster. Say goodbye to hours of waiting and say hello to prompt, efficient, and effective care at TrustCare.
Walk-In Urgent Care at TrustCare in Alabama
We are a trusted provider of walk-in urgent care for non-emergency illnesses and injuries. You can visit us at any time during our scheduled hours to receive walk-in medical treatment. However, if you are suffering from a life-threatening injury or illness, you should call 911 or visit an emergency room immediately.
TrustCare provides treatment for many types of injuries and illnesses during our urgent care hours, such as:
- Ear infections
- Bites and strings
- Cuts and lacerations
- Headaches and migraines
- Joint pain
- Allergy management
- Nausea and vomiting
- Back and neck pain
- Heat exhaustion
- Sprains and fractures
- Lifting injuries
- … and many more!
You can also receive walk-in medical care for our wellness and prevention programs and employer medical services.
Wellness and Prevention Services at TrustCare
At TrustCare, we believe that annual wellness exams are necessary for confidence, peace of mind, and positive health. We offer annual wellness exams between the hours of 8 am to 11 am. At the appointment, we will discuss your medical history, perform a detailed physical exam, and perform lab tests. We recommend that you do not eat or drink after midnight prior to visiting our clinic.
We also provide camp, sports, and school physicals for children. Physicals are necessary to ensure your child is in good health prior to engaging in physical activities that could hurt him or her. Our physicians can assess your child’s physical health at any of our TrustCare without an appointment.
We also administer numerous vaccinations to help prevent serious illnesses, such as:
- Yearly flu shots
- Hepatitis A and B
Services for Employers at TrustCare
At TrustCare, we provide comprehensive medical services for employers looking to boost employee wellness or meet industry or federal requirements. Some of our occupational medical services include:
- Required physicals, such as DOT physicals, executive, and pre-employment physicals
- On-site medical services
- Drug and alcohol screenings
- Employee wellness programs
- Workers’ compensation injury management
- Hearing screenings
TrustCare also provides workers' compensation treatment for employees who've suffered injuries on the job. We provide a care coordinator to assist the employee in finding high-quality care and communicate with the employer about the circumstances of the injury.
Visit TrustCare Today
If you need to receive urgent medical care, visit TrustCare today. We have a convenient location in Birmingham, Alabama. We offer walk-in urgent care services during the following hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday: 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
1337 Montclair Road
Birmingham, Alabama 35210
Stop in to TrustCare today to receive the care you need and Feel Better Faster!